Here are some of my goals for this new year. Please scroll down to join weekend Homemaking Link-up!
*Walk With Jesus*
1. Work Through Elizabeth Prentiss Study
2. Work through Proverbs---my notes on it’s wisdom for women
3. Prepare for my turn to teach Women’s Sunday School weeks ahead of time
4. Spend time with God out of desire, not out of guilt
5. Listen to praise/worship music on my NEW stereo while doing kitchen chores
1. Remember that Jamie desires a sweet spirit above anything else
2. Ask what the needs are instead of assuming---his expectations of me are far simpler than what I think they are!
3. Pray for his goals: weight loss, finishing Bachelors Degree this fall, looking for long-term work
1. Homeschool consistently Jan-May; take short summer break; continue Aug-Nov
2. Prepare L, M, E for standardized testing this year; follow through on testing whether it’s “their year” or not
3. Be very choosy about outside activities; instead, focus more on building solid characters and obedience training at home :)
1. No obligation friendships: schedule “friend time” when and if it works for our family and stop feeling guilty when it doesn’t! :)
1. Remember that my ministry is my family. Anything else is extra and not mandatory.
2. Prepare for ministry commitments in a timely manner. Study and prepare Women’s Sunday School lessons and Bible Study lessons before the night before.
3. This year I will serve on the Women’s Ministry board at our church. Remember that this is, for me, a no-obligation ministry. I will serve when I can and when it works well for my family.
1. Submit at least one blog post a week to Christian Home online magazine---I’m already an established contributor there.
2. Consider whether I have the time to pursue other freelance opportunities and possibly do so.
3. Continue with my blog, posting at least twice weekly. Bring followers up to 300 by the end of the year.
1. Continue adding crafty items and vintage/antique items.
2. Try to phase out candy sales until the holiday season comes again as it’s too big a temptation to have in the house.
1. Really focus on finishing up projects I’ve started and using up my stash. Some ideas include: marble bags, crazy quilts
1. Work on using up stash.
2. Host a CTMH party in early spring.
3. Refine the art of the ATC! :)
1. Decide which instrument of my 3 that I want to learn first: Celtic Harp, Cello, A/E guitar? I think I’m leaning toward Celtic Harp.
2. Patiently accept Jamie’s help in learning it!
3. Establish routine of singing hymns with kids before bed.
1. Read 50 books.
2. Be more involved in BookCrossing.
3. Read regularly with the kids.
1. Plan meals and grocery lists several days before shopping trip.
2. Reassign chores to distribute the work a little better.
3. Continue working on my kitchen to make it a more pleasant place to work.
4. Focus more on healthy homemade recipes.
5. Shabby-Chic my piano and hutch. Do a good job so Jamie will let me do my dining room table and matching hutch too! Also want to do the antique dressers in my kitchen and bedroom.
6. Plant vegetables and flowers this spring.
7. Buy a red geranium and put it in a green pot for my porch chair.
1. Drink plenty of water daily.
2. Set up small challenges for myself and reward myself when I accomplish them.
3. Ride my bike when weather is nice.
4. Go for walks…by myself and with family.
What are some of your 2012 goals? Please join me this week by linking up your homemaking-related posts! *****Do you need an email reminder? Let me know in the comments below and I'll send you a weekly reminder about our Homemaking Link-Up Weekend via email. (Please remember to add your email address if you want the reminder!!)*****
Also linking to: